Golden Turmeric Milk: This needs to be a staple in your house!
The benefits of Turmeric are endless. It's an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and analgesic. What this means for you is that if you have a cold or cough that won't go away, drink this every night. Or drink this if you want to detox, sleep better, have glowing skin, boost your immunity, lose weight (it breaks down fat), or reduce swelling. Also Turmeric helps to fight depression, which I can definitely say is true after one cup I feel so calm and just at ease.
P.S. When I say Turmeric is good for your skin I mean it... Turmeric face masks are going to start becoming "a thing" soon.
- 2 cups of substitute milk (I use almond milk, but coconut milk tastes the best!)
- 1 tsp dried turmeric (I use a hefty teaspoon because I love the taste)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp of honey (definitely local and raw if you have allergies)
- Sprinkle of black pepper (helps you absorb the nutrients)
- 1 tsp ginger (I add more when I'm sick, but I also LOVE ginger)
Over medium heat add the milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and pepper stirring constantly until it starts to bubble. Once you see bubbles on the side of the pan stir for one minute, remove from heat, cover and let it sit for about 10 minutes so all of the flavors infuse the milk. Enjoy!
Golden milk heals the cracks of the heart and the immune system. I drink it when I'm sad, sick or just cold and need something warm to drink. The best part is how easy it is to make. I'm kind of obsessed with it and I've been harassing everyone around me recently trying to get them to make it.
Let me know if you try it and what you think!